Welcome to the Adelaide Cancer Centre
The provision of quality health care requires a doctor-patient relationship of trust and confidentiality. Consistent with our commitment to excellence in patient care this practice has developed a policy to protect patient confidentiality in compliance with privacy legislation.
Our policy informs you
That we need your consent to collect information about you.
- This may be verbal, implied by you or obtained in writing (e.g. Consent for clinical trial participation, release of your medical information to third parties such as Super funds etc.).
Why we need to collect your information
- All information collected about you during your consultations at the Adelaide Cancer Centre, in hospital or with our Doctors (e.g. Telephone consults) will assist us in processing your accounts on your behalf and your clinical management
How your information will be used and to whom we may need to disclose it.
All information collected by us about you will remain confidential. However to provide you with the best possible care some of your information may be required to be forwarded on to other people involved in your health care management.. These include, but are not limited to:
- SA Cancer Registry
- All doctors and health professionals involved in your health care, including attendees of ACC multidisciplinary meetings each week and fortnight
- Other health providers whom we recommend you seek their professional opinion
- Allied health practitioners such as physiotherapists etc.
- Pathology and Radiology providers
- Icon Cancer Care for your inpatient care
- Icon Cancer Care Pharmacy to enable them to arrange any treatment and or medications you require
- Multi-disciplinary providers (e.g. RDNS, Domcare, Nurse Practitioners, Social Worker, Hospice carers)
- Medicare and private health funds
- Our preferred methods of information transfer are either by a written letter, third party electronic data transmission, email or facsimile. Each method is dependent upon the recipients preferred request for information.
That you may request access to the information we hold about you.
- You may request access to the information we hold at this practice about you at any time. Please note that information may take up to 21 days to be supplied and a fee will be charged to the patient based on time and resources used.
That you may discuss any concerns you have about how we handle your information.
Doctors, Medical and Clerical Staff Adelaide Cancer Centre